125 ml milk
125 ml water
100g room temp butter, diced
1 tsp dried or very finely minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp red chili powder (you may omit)
Good sea salt (to sprinkle on top)
1 cup grated gruyere cheese (or any other hard cheese you like - but, it should have a pronounced flavour)
Preheat oven 425f, line 2 sheets with parchment or silpats
1. In a saucepan, combine milk, water and cubed butter. Combine and stir in salt and sugar - bring to a rolling boil.
2. Sift flour into a separate bowl
3. Crack eggs into a small bowl
4. Once mixture has boiled, add flour and stir vigorously to form a paste. (Do this in intervals on/off the heat). When the paste dries out (no longer sticks to spatula), it's ready. Do not brown
5. Add paste to stand mixer bowl and add eggs one by one, on med speed - approx 3 min (when it's all combined)
6. Add in black and red pepper, rosemary and cheese.
7. Add to piping bag and pipe 1"mounds, 1/2 " high onto sheets
Brush with eggwash and slightly flatten tops with a fork - sprinkle tops with rosemary and sea salt.
8. Bake for approx 22 min ~ until they have doubled and are golden brown.
Makes approx 30